Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wahoo

So, I'm sitting in front of the t.v. watching my favorite college basketball team, Virginia. I can't understand why they are so schizophrenic. Or maybe it's bipolar. They've been this way for years. How is it that they can welcome #10 Arizona to their new court and win, then go to Puerto Rico, and in consecutive nights, get blown out by Appalachian State and Utah and beat a Puerto Rican team (that can't beat anybody)by 7 in a miserable performance. After these three outings, I figured my hopes for the season had been dashed. But alas, they come home and give Gonzaga a good old-fashioned woodshed-beatdown. Great! They're back! Just get by Stanford (at home!) and it's on to ACC play. A couple of good road wins, defend the home court, and it's off to the field of 65. But no, Stanford wins at the buzzer. Season over. They'll get blown out UNC and start a slide into ACC obscurity. What's this? As I type, Virginia is in Chapel Hill giving the #1 team in the nation everything they can handle. It's tied at 47. We'll see how it goes from here.

4 comments:

Eric said...

Between the Redskins and UVA we're doomed to perpetually inconsistent, underachieving teams.

David said...

At least we have the Yankees

Eric said...

Well at least they pulled out a big win last night. 8 or 9 more of those and they may actually be in the tournament.

David said...

I don't about you, but for me, a UVA win over Maryland is like the Redskins beating the Cowboys. I have a strong dislike for Maryland