Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Bowled Over

In light of perhaps the most entertaining bowl game ever between Boise State and Oklahoma, I thought it would be cool to talk about some of the other great 'bowls' of all-time (and no, I don't mean the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsetta Bowl):

} Those who know me best know that I would be remiss not to include The Olive Garden's Never-Ending Pasta Bowl. I don't know why we didn't just stop cutting the grass and attach wheels to the outside of the restaurant every fall. And forget about a decent tip...

} Manute Bol: How can you not love a guy who's 11 feet tall and weighs 76 pounds, especially when he's spotting up for 3?

} Tecmo Super Bowl: Greatest video game this of Legend of Zelda.

} The bowl-haircut: My parents forced this upon me when I was young. You know you had one too.

}Rock 'N Bowl! Ah yes, bowling with the lights out and the music loud. What could be better? Not paying $300 for it, that's what.......

I know someone out there will we 'bowl' me over with some other examples.....

5 comments:

Eric said...

You also had a rattail, I know thats not consistent with the theme but I felt it needed mentioning.

Mike said...

I survived white suburbia with ever having a bowl hair cut or rattail.

I've got nothing on the bowls, but that's cuz I'm tired and about to go to bed.

...oh, and I'm not very witty, at all.

David said...

Actually, I don't see how the rattail bears mentioning at all. Besides, you had one too.

Unknown said...

I would never pay $300 to bowl....hahahahahaha

David said...

I'm glad you got that Brian