Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring is Upon Us.

Spring officially starts tomorrow, and it has nothing to do with the vernal equinox. Beginning at 6:05 a.m. EST on Tuesday, March 25, a singular focus takes precedent over pretty much everything else in my life: Baseball. For the next 7 months I will eat, drink, and sleep nothing but baseball. I'm getting up at 5:45 tomorrow morning because the Red Sox and Athletics are opening the season in Japan this year. Mind you, I've already spent loads of time drafting fantasy baseball teams, analyzing statistics and projections, checking spring training boxscores and injury updates, scouring transaction logs, etc, but the real fun starts tomorrow. I have my MLB Extra Innings package ready to go, and between that and TiVo, I won't miss a Yankee game all year.

One of every baseball nerd's favorite pastimes is making projections and predictions. I do it every year, but I never remember where I've put it by season's end, so I'm going to do it here, and we'll see how close I come.

No comments: