Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I was running...

So I went for a little jog this morning. I'm not sure when the last time I ran was, but's it's been awhile. More than a year. Anyway, I ran 1.35 miles, according to MapMyRun, which is really cool (thanks Eric). I did it in 10:30, which I must say I'm quite pleased with, considering how long it's been and how little I've run since high school. That's about a 7:46/mile pace. Not too bad. This is how it went:

(9:54 a.m.) My knee is going to kill me. Why is it hurting already? I need to go to the doctor about this.

(9:56 a.m.) I really need to tie my shoes tighter, but if I stop I might not get back up.

(9:58 a.m.) My knee is feeling better now, but it's probably not smart to run into the wind on the way back, especially when it's 35 degrees.

(10:01 a.m.) My sinuses are going to kill me. I've run one mile and I can't breathe out my nose. Not that it would matter anyway with all of this congestion in my chest.

(10:03 a.m.) Done. That wasn't so bad, except I can't feel toes.

(10:07 a.m.) I'm back at the house now, doing a little stretching, and I realize I can no longer reach my toes from the sitting position. What's most disturbing about this is that it has less to do with my flexibility than with my stomach being in the way. I guess I'll have to incorporate some sit-ups into the plan quickly.....

No comments: