Monday, January 7, 2008

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

"What's your favorite subject?
Poetry
Really? Maybe you can help me straighten out my Longfellow."

Today was the first day of the spring semester for me. Of course, knowing that it was the first day and my first class started at 8:00 a.m., what do you think I did last night? That's right, after work I went to Kelly's for what was supposed to be "a beer" and what actually turned into 5 beers, 2 shots of Jameson, and not getting home until 2:30. Bah, it was the first day. It's nice to unwind once in awhile, and at least I didn't get drunk. Hey, they had $1.99 Amber Bocks. How could I say no? :)

"Bring us a pitcher of beer every seven minutes until someone passes out. Then bring one every ten minutes."

I do have homework after the first day. Who does that? I want the deal my kids have: no homework on the weekends. I'm sure I'd get by just fime with that set-up........

"Back to school. Back to school, to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool. I got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight, I hope I don't get in a fight. Ohhhh, back to school. Back to school. Back to school. Well, here goes nothing."


By the way, my new favorite thing ever:



I hate Taco Bell. I never eat there, but these are a revelation. Combined with a caramel apple empanada they make for quite a tasty treat. In fact, I'm eating some now!

No comments: