Monday, December 17, 2007

This could become a problem.

I finally decided to make a playlist for my MySpace page instead of having to browse through the MySpace music pages (that take forever to load) every time I want a new song. Now, I've decided that I just make many, many playlists! and they can all have themes! So I got the idea for the first one from an e-mail concerning my high school reunion. This reunion should have actually happened last year. The company that the reunion committee booked the party with went out of business and disappeared about 3 weeks or so before the reunion. I wasn't going to go anyway, but this is just how it goes with the GRHS Class of '96. Anyway, the e-mail was about a do-over. A cruise is being planned to the Bahamas next year. I think I might want to go this time. I've never been on a cruise, and it could be fun. Who knows. Anyway..........my first playlist contains songs from the illustrious year of my high school graduation, 1996:












First, I'm aware "You Oughta Know" actually debuted in 1995, but by the time '96 rolled around, my friends and I had already bought the album, and we listened to Jagged Little Pill (along with The Fugees' The Score) virtually everday throughout the last half of our senior year.

There were some other notable musical happenings in 1996. It was the Year of The Spice Girls and the Macarena. Tupac died September 13, 1996 after being shot in Las Vegas. Brad Nowell of Sublime died from a heroin overdose. The Ramones and Crowded House played their last shows. Slash quit G&R, Phil Collins left Genesis, and the Sex Pistols began a reunion tour. MTV2 was launched on August 1, and Linkin Park, Disturbed, Godsmack, Mudvayne, Good Charlotte, Matchbox 20 all came onto the scene in 1996. David Bowie's "Telling Lies" became the first song offered as a free digital download by a major record label.

If 1996 brings back any musical memories for you, please share. If you having any theme ideas, share those too.

P.S. Hit play. I set it so it wouldn't start automatically, because I'll be doing this again.

No comments: