Monday, July 23, 2007

You think cell phones are dangerous.

Now, I'm not going to say I'm the world's most attentive driver. I often drive when I'm much too tired to do so, but generally speaking, I know what's going on around me. I don't follow too closely (anymore) and I make sure I always have a way out when possible by not driving directly next to someone. I check my mirrors and I look at the cars around me. You see people some intersting things. People talking on the phone, putting on make-up, the usual. Some people even eat or send text-messages while driving. Today I saw a woman reading while driving. She was not glancing at some notes or a newspaper at lights. She had paperback novel open on the steering wheel, and she did not put it down while she was driving. This bitch was reading and glancing at the road while she was driving. It wouldn't have surprised me to find out there was a child in the back. I don't understand people.

Well, I've clearly received overwhelmingly support for my new reading list. The suggestions I did get were good ones, though. The first came from Kristin (thank you), and it was a book I was thinking about anyway, so the first book on my list will be The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I expect it to be a good, educational read. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I once saw a metrobus driver reading a book in DC, not was she endanger the lives of herself and abotu 50 passengers, metrobuses are death machines and kill pedestrians about once a month. Now I know why.