Thursday, March 29, 2007

Can't I just get some Cheesecake Bites?

One of the girls at work comes in early this afternoon, and decides she's going to make a run to Tropical Smoothie. She goes around the restaurant and asks everyone if they might won't anything. I graciously decline. I'm not much of a smoothie person. Don't get me wrong; occasionally I like to add a little pizzazz to my life and get a smoothie when one of the girls goes, but usually I remember that I'm straight (sorry Jeff). Anyway, back to the point I was trying to make. Why is it that whenever I decline to partake in the fun and excitement of Tropical Smoothies, I'm looked upon as though I have three heads? Not everyone likes smoothies, folks. Not everyone likes Starbucks, either. I appreciate being asked, of course, and if you're going to Panera or Chick-Fil-A or Sonic (they really need to bring those cheesecake bites back), then I'm game. I shouldn't, however, have to get a smoothie because everyone else is getting one. I will not be a slave to conformity. I will not drink smoothies just to fit in. If I want one, I'll get one. If I don't, please don't look at me like I just killed your dog or slapped your grandmother. Oh, and don't call Jody. ;)

3 comments:

b.peede said...

David I'll never ask you if you want something ever again. I honestly only ask to be polite. 95% of the time I pray the other person says no. I'm a tad hypocritical because usually if someone asks me I always want something. You don't have to conform to drink Starbucks and Tropical Smoothie. They're widely popular places so the chance of someone liking either of them is not just because they're conforming, it's more along the lines of them enjoying. Smoothies are very HETEROSEXUAL drinks by the way. Latte's, low fat non dairy yogurt... not so much. I understand if you could possibly be questioning your manhood while drinking a smoothie. Some men just aren't that secure. That oughta getcha goin'. =P

Eric said...

I think the problem might be with Tropical Smoothie. If you had a Smoothie King down there I think you'd be singing a different tune my friend because Smoothie King might be the greatest f'ing thing ever. They truly are the King of the smoothie. Not to mention it's like instant health. Remember how every time we got sick Dad's solution was for us to drink more orange juice, well if he knew about Smoothie King he would definitely be pushing those. Although they're kind of expensive so he'd probably protest based on price alone.

brittany said...

You SO got Tropical Smoothie tonight...and even claimed you had a menu in your car! Hmm...I'm wondering if Jeff is rubbing off on you maybe just a little :) kidding