Friday, September 14, 2007

Cheaters never win, unless they play in Super Bowls

In light of the New England Patriots' videotaping scandal, I have to say the team and their coach, Bill Belicheat, got off easy. He should have been suspended. Now, I know that videotaping the Jets signals probably wasn't going to affect that particular game, but they do play the Jets again. You wonder how often the Pats pull this trick. I've heard a lot of "everybody does it, it's not just the Patriots", which is a total hogwash. There is no way in hell that Bill Walsh, Joe Gibbs, Bill Parcells, Tony Dungy, Mike Holmgen, Andy Reid or any of a long list of coaches has ever cheated to win an NFL game. Not only is he a thief and a cheater, but Bill Belichick is a liar, too. His "my interpretation of the rule was wrong" BS is really lame. Roger Goodell made it quite clear to the Patriots, who were the NFL's #1 suspects, as well as the rest of the NFL that videotaping was against league rules. Some people, like ESPN's Sean Salisbury, don't think this should be this big of a deal. After all, as Salisbury says "Isn't everyone trying to gain a competitive advantage?" This is different. This is a serious intregity issue. Normal people lose their jobs when their integrity is proven to be dubious at best. Lawyers are disbarred, doctors are stripped of their medical licenses. Bill Belichick? His $500,000 fine means he'll only gross about $3.7 M this season. I think Kraft should fire him. I certainly wouldn't want someone with such questionable integrity and moral standards running the day-to-day operations of my multi-million dollar business

1 comment:

Devin Ugland said...

I agree, I would not want somebody with a lack of integrity running my team either. The fine and loss of a draft pick is not enough of a punishment to truly teach Belichick a lesson. He should definitely have been suspended.